Sunday, December 9, 2007

Taking a break

Well I'm sure most people have heard the rumor that I went busto which isn't exactly wrong but I'd say inaccurate. I took on a backer back in May I think it was for SNGs. It went ok but not great as I moved up and a couple months ago I moved over to MTTs and had some quick scores in the 20/180s and other smaller buy ins. I went on a downswing when I started adding the Nightly 162 and the Sunday 200s and FTOPS events. But I still think I could have continued playing them and eventually been profitable. I don't think the games were over my head but there's a lot of variance in those bigger fields.

Anyway I was about at the point where I was going to stop playing poker for my income and find a job before taking on the backer which allowed me to move up. I wasn't as profitable as I moved up as I had hoped to have been in SNGs and my bills started to catch up with me. So I told my backer this week I needed to take a break. I need to get a job, get caught up on my expenses and then we'll see what happens from there.

I'm not sure what my next move is. I probably won't be on the forums as much as I had been in the past. I may try to play some FPP sats to get a quick roll on Stars to try grinding some low limit SNGs to make a little money while I job hunt. I really don't know but I doubt I'll be blogging until things get back on the upswing for me.

So I didn't bust my bankroll playing over my head and I did run so bad that I lost my backer in the process. The choice was mine to take a break and get things in order before they got out of hand. Besides it might be good for me to get a job for a while and talk to people face to face. I spend way too much time behind a keyboard now.

For the 2 people that read this blog thanks for reading and gl at the tables. I hope to rejoin you soon.

Oh and since I'm SuperNova still I get those Sat freerolls so you'll see me there. Hopefully longer than yesterday where hand 2 an idiot limp/3bet/called all in QQ v/s my AA and I was out. OK had to throw 1 last bad beat in there LOL!

No comments: