OK doing another quick update. I've tried like 3 times now to do a damn SNG video and the software crashes at the end of every one of them. Plus I've been sick most of the weekend didn't help. Still no updates on the job front. I was really sure I had the UPS job and there's still a chance as it doesn't start until early March but I'm not holding my breath.
I've been doing nothing but 9 man SNGs for about the last week. I did a quick run through the 12Ts on Tilt and when I got 20 BIs for the 24s I moved up. I know its a small amnt of buy ins but my plan was to move back down if I ran bad. I did pretty well. I played 4 days of them and I've played almost 200 games and 14% ROI including rakeback. It's better than I expected to be honest but the sample is small. The level of play is worse than I expected which is fine. I expected the level of play in the 24s to be similar to Stars 16Ts and 27Ts and I'd say its worse. Stars 16s I used to see 2 regulars in almost every game and I can't recall seeing many regulars at all at Tilt so far. The ones I've seen haven't been that good either. I've only played 4 days of the 24s and I was like +$200, -$220, +$250, +$350 so I can't complain too much I've run pretty well and played very well I think. I hit the 30 buy in mark tonight for the 36s and I did 8 games. I didn't run good and the games took a while to fill up too. I think I won 1 and had 2 3rds so I took a small loss on them. I'm going to try grinding them tomorrow and move down if I drop 10 buy ins at them. I've set a goal of 50 buy ins for the 60Ts but I've got to cash out some funds next week so it will be a while before I get a chance to move up to them.
I tried 12 tabling continuous at the 12s one day and in combination of running bad and I got pretty frustrated and I don't think I was playing my A game. I would like to try 12 tabling continuously but I've done so many games just 8 tabling it just feels natural. I don't like cascading and if I want to do more than 8 I have to cascade or add another video card and 2 more monitors and stack them. I don't see me doing that. I may try to 8 table continuous and then try to cascade them and see how that goes and then move up to more tables. I know if I could play cascaded adding more tables is much easier but I like tiled because I can view the action and track my progress. I struggle in cascade mode because in the early levels when I raise I can't see what the action is behind cause other tables pop up. Or maybe 2 people get knocked out in a hand and we're on the bubble and I don't notice it right away cause the tables pop up so quick. So I may just stick to 8. If I keep doing SNGs and moving up there is no way I could play more than 8 at a time above the 109s b/c there just wouldn't be enough games available.
Its a problem I'll worry about later. For now I plan to just keep grinding and job hunting. If I happen to run at 10%+ 8 tabling the 36s then I'll reconsider. I really should probably have done this at Stars since I was SuperNova and kept my Nova status there but I really think that Tilt has a lot less regulars and with rakeback I'm probably going to make more per game at Tilt. But I could be wrong. I'm going to need to play a lot more games to get an idea of what is possible at these games. Ironman and the FTP store though is a lot crappier than the Stars VIP program and FPP store.
OK this was much longer than I had planned. LOL! I jumped around and back and forth typing this so hopefully it makes some sense. If I can get this video to record tonight or tomorrow I'll post a link to it here.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment