Monday, January 7, 2008

another cold deck HU

This is getting crazy. I moved up to the 23Ts HU SNGs today and was up about 2 BIs through 50 games. Small sample I know. I think I played very well. Induced a lot of bluffs and made some big calls on the river. The problem was most of the bluffs I induced got there on the river drawing to 4 outs or less. My fav was this hand. Btn raises i 3 bet my AA he calls. Flop is K22 and he shoves me with 55 and turns his 5. Plays like this just worked out for everyone all day long. I did manage to suck out a couple times myself short stacked but nothing like the guys who were 2 and 3 outting me deep stacked at level 2.

I'm still enjoying the HU SNGs though. Just playing 2 at a time unless I can get the same person in 2 games then I'll add a 3rd. That doesn't happen often. Overall the play is horrible. I found one guy at the 23 HUs that was down 8K in the last year only playing HU SNGs. I'm sure he's got to be at the far end of the donk spectrum but still there aren't many solid players to be found here. I think I'll try the 33s tomorrow and if I can at least run break even stay there until I can grind enough to move up to the 50s. I'd like to get to 10% ROI at the 50s as I think I could make a living grinding those games and hopefully move up to the 100s and 200s and use some game selection and shark scope to avoid the better players.

No comments: